It’s no secret that many businesses around the globe, big or small are always on the lookout for new and ingenious ways to be closer and more personal with their customers. If that sounds like you and your business, then Periscope may just be the solution that you’ve been looking for.
The Twitter-owned Android and iOS app is a live-streaming app that allows anyone to broadcast video for absolutely free and in real time, which gives businesses a quick, easy, and affordable solution when it comes to communicating with their customers.
What is Periscope?
Anyone with the Periscope app can log on and watch your live stream from anywhere in the world. These viewers on your live stream can also leave you with comments in real-time or kick-start a conversation. Any comments made by your viewers will appear on the screen and are overlaid onto your video. These comments are also visible to anyone else who may be watching your stream too. Viewer comments soon become part of your live stream, thus creating a hive of activity and live conversations that focus around the content that you are streaming.
What things do people live stream with Periscope?
Pretty much everything! You may get the popular cat videos that we all know and love, to mundane cars driving by, to motivational talks or companies providing an unprecedented glimpse into their upcoming product or service. The type of content that you choose to live stream is only limited by your very own imagination, which is why Periscope is known to be used by so many different types of people, cultures, backgrounds and businesses. Businesses, in particular, have really jumped on board and engaged with Periscope, with many businesses often streaming:
- Q&A sessions
- Live support
- Live tutorials
- Live focus groups
- Live tours
- Live product demonstrations
- Take your viewers behind the scenes
- Announce flash sales
- Follow your clients or customers
Why should I use Periscope?
There are a variety of advantages to using Periscope for your small business, below are some of the main ones:
- Invite your customers to your live events : If your company is hosting an exciting event Periscope allows your customers to watch from all over the globe, which is an ideal solution if they couldn’t attend.
- Offer your customers product demos : Periscope is an ideal solution for marketing your product or service more effectively by providing a live demo to your customers on how everything works.
- Offer your customers product or service tutorials : In addition to service or product demos, you can even stream live tutorials on a specific product or service.
- Be exclusive with behind the scenes streaming : Many businesses are eager to show their customers their fantastic swanky offices, but with Periscope you can now provide them with an unprecedented behind-the-scenes look at all the latest products or services you have. You could simply live stream how a particular product is designed or manufactured in order to strengthen your customers trust in your product.
How Periscope can help your business?
- Helps to grow your mailing list
- Allows your company to build and strengthen your customer base.
- Allows you to connect with your customers on a personal level.
The live aspect of Periscope is what makes it so wonderful and more personal and interactive when compared to conventional pre-recorded video content. To see a product or service live in real time can be far more captivating and interesting and makes your brand and company feel real. Periscope helps to break down all the barriers between the consumer and the company and allows for so much creativity and development within a business.