For many years, promotional items have become a part of a successful marketing strategy. Promoting a brand helps a company to reach out to its target customers and make them aware of your brand and its advantages.
Whether you are promoting a new company or a new brand, promotional products are the most cost-effective way of achieving your targets. Nowadays promotional items are used by several companies to help achieve their marketing goals and at the same time save as much money as possible.
A free promotional give away is a very efficient technique of impressing new customers, making them believe that the company or the brand is worth their money.
Strengthen Customer Relationship
Free gifts and promotional products are a fantastic way to strengthen customer relationships. It allows a company to reinforce a brand by attracting more customers. The free gift gesture is an effective way to make customers feel appreciated.
These promotional giveaways help form a bond between the customer and your brand, in turn leading to brand loyalty and customer recommendation. However it is necessary that the customer is given an item he/ she will use. The greater the use or need of the item, the bigger impact the gift will have.
Use the Right Material
Promotional items are used in different ways to please the different classes of people. For example, in an educational exhibition it would be appropriate to give pens, notepads or folders. Giving away balls or calculators at such an event would be highly inappropriate. Likewise if you are at a sports seminar you should give away sporting gifts. The gifts given at a particular place should be useful for the people it is given to – otherwise your campaign is a failure.
Impress Target Customers
Using promotional products for branding is the most effective way to get your desired goals. Whenever the customer or the receiver of the gift uses the item they will be reminded of the company. If your product is of better quality and helps improve the efficiency or the comfort of the client’s work he/she will be more than generous to recommend you to their clients or friends. This is why the products that are used for promoting the brand should be of good quality and practical, so that they come in handy of the receivers.
Raise Brand Awareness
The main reason for using promotional products for marketing is to create brand awareness. Brand awareness does not target a small group of people or a particular area – it covers the whole region. Using promotional products which are required in different cities or states will help you gain a customer base faster in that particular area. For example in a cold snowy area it would be foolish to distribute t-shirts, a snow cap or a jacket would be more appropriate.
Whether you are promoting a new company or a new brand, promotional products are the most cost-effective way of achieving your targets.
By using such products you can create walking billboards of your brand in several cities and states. Clothing items can also be used to deliver messages containing information about the brand or some catchy tagline. The importance of branding can be determined by the fact that most companies spend millions on promotional items.
When is the Best Time to Use Promotional Items?
Like many marketing campaigns, giving away items need the right timing.
- To Advertise a New Business : If you’re starting a new business you need to be seen. For a company, spending money on promotional giveaways is an easy and cost effective and great way to market your brand and will immediately win over your customers. Not only will it boost your brand visibility, your customers will be grateful and hopefully try or test your product. If your merchandise is visible or shareable, such as a t-shirt, cap or post-it notes, repeat advertising will make your product visible to a large number of people for a long period of time, with only a one-off cost to the business owner.
- When your Customer Purchases Something : Why not thank your customer for purchasing something by giving them a free promotional item at check out or included with an internet order. Everybody likes a free gift and the customer will leave feeling thanked by you, even though they have spent money in your store. This in-turn will make them more likely to return to your store or business in the future. It will also create brand awareness if they are able to use your branded gift in public.
- Special occasions for Existing Customers : Everybody loves to feel loved, especially on special occasions. By sending a promotional giveaway to your existing customers or mailing lists on special occasions, your customer will feel like you have taken a personal interest in them. A special promotional item on their birthday or a Christmas trinket with your branding will keep them coming back to your business time and time again. Developing a personal relationship with your customers is key to loyalty.
- When your Competition is Running Hot : If your competition is running hot, then you need the upper-hand. This can be achieved by either in-store promotional give-aways or promotional give-aways directly targeting your clients. Your customer needs to choose you over the competitor. A free promotional item will act as incentive for them to keep coming back to you and will instill your brand in their minds. Customer awareness of your product is key, and if they are receiving something free, then they may just choose your business over your competitors. Make you customers feel special so that they become and remain loyal to you!
- At Trade shows : Trade shows are a great way to advertise your product and get your promotional items out there. You can give them away to entice people to your booth and once they are there you can tell them more about what they have to offer.