It’s a fairly common misconception, but it seems that small businesses often believe that customer relationship and top-notch data management is something that only the very greatest and bigger enterprises can manage and afford to do. Regardless of the size of your business, even if you’re just a few employees here and there, leveraging data in order to make sure that all of your clients remain happy with your service and that your employees remain productive is fundamental to any type or business.
If you are looking for a better solution when it comes to managing the growth of your small business, along with maintaining positive customer relationships then Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software can certainly help to make all the important difference.
Whether you are currently on the lookout for a solid CRM software solution for experienced users, or a simple system designed specifically to be user-friendly, or perhaps even a free version in order to fit your budget, you are guaranteed to discover a CRM software choice that suits your small business. So this is why we have produced this article in order to provide what we believe are the best CRM’s for a small business in order to help you become much more informed when choosing the right CRM for your small business.
With the incredibly high number of available CRM platforms out there, it can be very difficult to choose just one. Our two favorites are Salesforce and Insightly for small businesses, and let’s take a look why:
Salesforce is a perfect example of an all-in-one CRM solution that has everything that you would expect from a CRM software. The software itself is cloud-based and is often associated with much larger business types, but thankfully Salesforce has its very own small business edition which allows you to take advantage of its resources and tools that are specifically tailored for small business types. Salesforce is affordable and is exceptionally small business-friendly. The software is incredibly easy and simple to use and includes all the necessary key features you would expect such as workflow automation, opportunity management, contacts, lead generation and more.
- It’s exceptionally secure.
- A convenient cloud-based platform.
- The original underlying database is incredibly flexible.
- It’s incredibly smartphone and tablet friendly.
- It can be quite expensive for much smaller businesses that are starting out.
- Data-analysis capabilities are not entirely well known.
- The software can be particularly slow when handling large data.
Insightly is a very simple and easy to use piece of software. It’s user-friendly features are ideal for much smaller businesses, but it also has the capability to scale in features as your business begins to steadily grow. Out of the mountain of CRM software available, Insightly is popular due it being one of the most affordable, there is also a free version too which is great if you’re just getting started.
- Incredibly easy and simple to setup.
- Fully customizable to suit the user.
- Reporting is made exceptionally easy.
- Integrates to social networks and even web-to-business campaigns.
- Page response times can be slower than other CRM platforms.
- The web-to-lead and web-to-contact codes do not always seem to work well with Google websites.
- Inability to link files to specific tasks.
3. Zoho CRM
Zoho CRM is an exceptionally powerful and feature-rich piece of CRM software that doesn’t break the bank, as it’s absolutely free and it doesn’t compromise on capabilities either. Unlike any other form of free CRM, Zoho has a wide selection of functionalities on offer and lets you invite up to 10 additional users absolutely free. With Zoho you can have full access to all of your data, anytime and anywhere with many thanks to the software’s mobile app.
- Wide variety of features.
- Affordable (free version is also available).
- Ideal for small businesses with minimal or no development capacities.
- Custom views for different users.
- Some features may be little technical for new users.
- Mobile user interface can be difficult to use.
- Currently does not integrate with Google mail.